Status update09 Sep 2020
AS of today, September 9th:
* The code generator is up and running
* Global variables can be addressed
* Module body (BEGIN section of a module) can be compiled
* The assignment operator works (for a limited number of basic types)
* The basic types that are implemented are: BYTE SHORTINT INTEGER LONGINT CHAR SHORTCHAR BOOLEAN SET
* Assignments of the form var := literal/var are implemented for the aforementioned types
* Safe type casts with CHR ORD and unsafe casts SYSTEM.VAL are implemented for the aforementioned types
* All of the above features coverd with tests
* Two kinds of standards (correct test responses) for the code generator are produced: the actual generated machine text standards and the field test standards. A field test standard is the values of global variables that the generated code ‘leaves’.
* A testing infrastructure for the code generator is implemented
* The CG tester consisting of an HTTP server receiving requests and a primitive loader actually executing generated 64-bit code is implemented in A2 - the Oberon-based active objects operating system
* The testing panel (front-end) in BB has been updated to accomodate now both front-end and back-end tests and standards.
* The test base now has about 100 test.